- Strategy Services
- Implementation Services
For many companies, planning and implementing a data warehouse or business intelligence projects can be complex and challenging. Business demands keep growing, budgets shrink, risks materialize and time evaporates. HARKENDATA has helped hundreds of customers undertake complicated, enterprise-wide BI projects on time and on budget, mitigating risk and providing maximum business benefit. The difference is the consistent use of a proven methodology for solution delivery and business intelligence program management based on best-practices optimized for BI projects: The HARKENDATA Way…
Our componentized business intelligence program management approach is built on industry best practices and incorporates strong project management, change management, and knowledge transfer to create and sustain stakeholder buy-in and commitment from all levels of the organization. It is comprised of a series of stand-alone activities organized into five phases:
- Imagine – creates the enterprise information strategy and a detailed roadmap to achieve desired results tied to business improvement opportunities;
- Architect – defines detailed business, data and systems requirements and produces an implementation “blueprint” with detailed architecture and system design specifications;
- Implement – converts designs into completely tested software products with agreed-upon functionality and facilitates user training for the initial deployment;
- Utilize – deploys fully functional and user-accepted systems into the production environment, monitors and supports the system and users in daily operations and knowledge transfer; and
- Maintain and Measure – provides ongoing operations, system administration, tuning and help desk support that feeds back into the life cycle with “on the ground” information.
This field-tested approach provides the disciplines, techniques, and tools needed for the incremental delivery of new applications and business capabilities. It supports the project teams as they determine priorities, assign responsibilities, and establish timetables. The approach controls and monitors the consistency, timeliness, and accuracy in all phases of our engagements and keeps track of ongoing management of dependencies between projects, the assessment, and control of overall program risks, the collection and dissemination of information, and the allocation of resources among teams.
If your organization already uses a standard software development life cycle (SDLC), we can help you adapt the HARKENDATA Way to fit your individual needs, integrate it within your SLDC or use it as the foundation to develop a new business intelligence program management approach. Regardless of the approach you select, HARKENDATA will ensure that your BI/DW project will not only align with your overall IT architecture, but also deliver consistent, accurate analysis of the available data that meets the needs of the business.